    From: Bill Studenmund [mailto:wrstuden@wasabisystems.com]
    Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:37 AM
    To: Eddy Quicksall
    Cc: iSCSI; luben@splentec.com; Rod Harrison; Julian Satran
    Subject: RE:

    On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Eddy Quicksall wrote:

    > A dash is also used for negative numbers (we don't have any yet but could
    in
    > the future).

    True, but is that a concern here? For a range, you have to have two
    numbers with the dash/minus between them. "-number" would not be a
    valid range. So even if we ever get negative numbers, ranges should be
    readily different.

    The only point of confusion would be if we ever permitted algebraic
    expressions, when the '-' would look like subtraction. But I think that
    would neither be sensible nor likely.

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Thu Mar 21 16:18:15 2002