    From: sanquery <sanquery@myrealbox.com>
    Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 10:25 am
    Subject: Asynchronous events at the target

    > Hi all,
    >  I wanted to know is there any means by which an initiator can be
    > notified of some asynchronous events at the target.
    > According to SAM2(Page 73), Asynchronous Event Reporting takes
    > place when one of the following events occur:
    > a)An exception condition was encountered after command completion;
    > b)A newly initialized device is available;
    > c)Some other type of unit attention condition has occured; or
    > d)An asynchronous event has occured.
    >
    > How does the notification for a newly initialized device available
    > at the target go to the Initiator? Is it done by suddenly sending
    > an Asynchronous PDU with an Async Event value of 0 corresponding
    > to Sense Data? Or is there any other means of handling this
    > notification?
    > Regards,
    > Sanquery.

    begin:vcard
    n:Agarwal;Sumit
    fn:Sumit Agarwal
    tel;cell:+919845205210
    tel;fax:+91-80-5732696
    tel;home:+919845205210
    tel;work:+91-805732296 / 93 extn. 5243
    url:www.wipro.com
    org:Wipro Technologies;SIDC, Embedded and Internet Division
    adr:;;Wipro Technologies, Chamundi Complex, No.26, Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli;Bangalore;Karnataka;560068;INDIA
    version:2.1
    email;internet:sumit.agarwal@wipro.com
    title:Senior Software Engineer
    end:vcard

    Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
    is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
    individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
    use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
    in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

Last updated: Wed Mar 20 09:18:23 2002
9210 messages in chronological order