    RE: FC Encapsulation WG Last Call comments

    Murali,

    Ralph and I had essentially the same discussion.  Based on the
    recent volatility of these codes for some of the IETF IPS uses,
    and the fact that work on figuring out which ones to use had
    extended back to Orlando, well over a year ago, I was concerned
    that these codes were in a sufficient state of flux that
    IANA was needed to stabilize the situation.

    Given that the codes have normative definitions in FC-BB, and those
    definitions are stable (the IETF issues have been merely which
    ones to use, and those should [finally] be settled), referencing
    FC-BB as the source of these definitions will be fine, and I'm
    sure IANA will appreciate one less registry to manage.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Wed Mar 20 03:18:31 2002
9208 messages in chronological order