    RE: iSCSI: Use of the A bit

    Since the SCSI status ends the task and therefore the lifetime of the
    initiator task tag the problem I mentioned was specifically caused by
    allowing the A bit to be set with the F bit when there is piggyback
    status. But you are right, the problem was actually always there since
    if the SCSI transfer length was an exact multiple of MaxBurstSize the
    A and F bits would be valid together. In fact I now see there are
    several other ways this combination would be valid.

    Anyway, removing the requirement for the initiator to send the ITT in
    the data SNACK solves the problem.

Last updated: Sat Mar 16 16:18:09 2002
9160 messages in chronological order