    RE: iSCSI: Use of the A bit

    Eddy,

    You need the target to support SNACK so that you need some recovery
    capabilities.
    And yes the consensus of the group was that the scenario you describe is
    not of paramount importance.
    So you may ask for ACK and keep the data for a while hoping to get it :-)

    Julo

                          Eddy Quicksall
                          <Eddy_Quicksall@i        To:       "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW
                          vivity.com>               (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)"
                          Sent by:                  <matthew_burbridge@hp.com>, "ips@ece. cmu.
                          owner-ips@ece.cmu         edu (E-mail)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                          .edu                     cc:
                                                   Subject:  RE: iSCSI: Use of the A bit

                          13-03-02 22:02
                          Please respond to
                          Eddy Quicksall

    Then my only concern is that the initiator may ignore the A bit if it deems
    that the bit is being set aggressively.

    If it ignored it, then the target would be stalled waiting for he ACK.

    Eddy