    Re: iscsi: version number in draft 11

    David-

    I agree with Julian on this one.  We could make it 10 hex;
    any version starting with 0 is a draft, and anything higher
    than 10 (say version 11) would be a draft between the
    Proposed Standard RFC and the Draft Standard RFC, which will
    hopefully follow.  The draft standard RFC could be version 20
    hex.  This would at least make it clear which versions are
    drafts (anything with non-zero second digit) and which versions
    are RFCs (anything with a zero in the second digit), and
    would be compatible with the version numbers we are using
    now.

    This might help with the ADs as well; we would be changing
    the "major version" from 0 to 1 at RFC time.

    BTW, there are paying customers that are buying and using
    "ancient" iSCSI products that use version 0.

    --
    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke