    Re: iSCSI:reservations

    Dear colleagues,

    We had long discussions on the reservation-clearing being done (or not) at session close (FCP does this).
     We concluded that it is probably a thing that should be handled at SCSI level (it would be wrong for the transport to mes-up SCSI state) and perhaps we should only state that an indication about session failure should be passed to SCSI.  Mallikarjun and Randy have a set of good arguments for not doing this implicitly that they would probably want to share them with you.

    This is only a warning that this item in the clearing appendix is going to change as this issue was debated earlier on the list.

    Comments?

    Julo
    ----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 28-02-02 09:02 -----
    "Mallikarjun C." <cbm@rose.hp.com>