    take the responsibility to control the order issue ?

    Thanks

    Wilson

    >>> <pat_thaler@agilent.com> 02/26/02 04:13AM >>>
    Wilson,

    That is the way the SCSI protocol is defined by T10 so this isn't an IETF
    issue.

    Regards,
    Pat

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Wang Yong Hong, Wilson [mailto:dsiyhw@dsi.nus.edu.sg]
    Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 3:54 AM
    To: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: SCSI command order issue

    Hello,

    Here I ask one question about SCSI protocol.

    I traced the linux kernel source code about SCSI module.

    In SCSI module, every SCSI command block is assigned
    one unique serial number. However this number is only
    valid before the block is returned to the SCSI middle layer.

    There is no mechanism of sequence control for SCSI.
    What is your opinion about the SCSI block out of order
    when they return to upper layer ? What do your people
    think about this ?

    Thanks

    Wilson

Last updated: Mon Feb 25 22:18:42 2002