    ips : Is FirstBurstSize valid when InitialR2T=yes ?

    • To: IPS Reflector <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: ips : Is FirstBurstSize valid when InitialR2T=yes ?
    • From: Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>
    • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:55:35 -0800
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Hello,

    Can someone clarify if the login key FirstBurstSize is valid when :
    InitialR2T=yes  and ImmediateData=yes ?

    i.e. if immediate data is enabled and un-solicited data is disabled
    during login negotiation, is the value of FirstBurstSize received in the
    login response to be interpreted ?

    My current understanding is that FirstBurstSize is inclusive of the
    immediate data portion, and so, if immediate data is enabled, but
    un-solicited data is disabled, then, FirstBurstSize *must* be valid and
    must be <= DataPDULength. (after rev 09, it would be <=
    (MaxRecvPDULength - the header components size)).

    For example, a target implementation may offer a FirstBurstSize <
    DataPDULength, in which case, the immediate data size is the
    MIN(DataPDULength, FirstBurstSize, bytes_to_send).

    Can someone clarify if this is a correct interpretation or set me right
    on this ?

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    --