    Re: SNMP usage

    On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 04:26:50AM -0800, Sarah Wright wrote:
    > I need to download a new firmware on to the hardware
    > from a remote location. The device only supports SNMP
    > at the moment. Is it necessary to add the FTP feature
    > on to it.

    The usual way to download new firmware is TFTP: it's a simple protocol
    and the implemention can be made very small.

    > If this is not the right place to ask, Can someone
    > please point me out the right place.

    I think linux-embedded@waste.org is the correct list for this.

    Erik

    --
    J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
    of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,

Last updated: Sat Apr 06 05:18:20 2002
9534 messages in chronological order