    Re: Login Command Clarification

    Michael,

    Both min and max are in flux (the 1.0 release will probably have 1 (or
    10?).
    They where meant for the initiator parties to indicate the range it
    supports and the target select (probably the highest).
    However if an initiator gives out a range and the target selects a number
    that is not the highest - it may do so (like when it wants to expose a new
    and unstable version only to those initiators that do not support an older
    version).

    Julo

                        "Fischer, Michael"
                        <Michael_Fischer@ad       To:     Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
                        aptec.com>                cc:
                                                  Subject:     Login Command Clarification
                        24-01-02 22:40

    Julian,

         I have a question about Version-Max and Version-Min in the Login
         Request PDU.  The way I understand it is that

         Spec                      Max                        Min
         <= .6                        1                           1
         .6, .8                        2                           <= 2
         >= .9                       3                           <= 3

         But I have had discussions with others that indicate that Version-Max
         should still be 1 since the spec does not specify it.  Their argument
         is that the version information is specified in the version-min
         section of the spec only.

         Please clarify.  Thank you,

         Michael Fischer
         michael_fischer@adaptec.com