    Re: iSCSI: Connection termination conditions

    Hi Mallikarjun,

    Agreed that there exists a distinction between a TCP connection
    and an iSCSI connection.  IMHO, an iSCSI logout should precede sending
    TCP FINs.  Section 2.2.6 must offer a clearer explanation in this regard.

    As the section is entitled "iSCSI Connection Termination", there should be
    more
    focus on termination of an iSCSI connection. A separate section
    entitled "TCP Connection Termination" could probably speak about TCP related
    intricacies.

    My understanding of iSCSI connection termination is :

    An intentional and graceful iSCSI connection termination MUST occur
    only through the iSCSI logout process ( either implicit or explicit ).
    This is not clear from section 2.2.6.
    ( Are the 2 situations specified in my earlier mail valid? )

    Section 3.13.5 states :
    "If the Status Class is not 0, the initiator and target MUST close the TCP
    connection."
    Does this constitute a graceful TCP connection termination?

    What are the other interpretations for a "graceful" iSCSI connection
    termination?

    Can "graceful" connection termination happen when it is not in full-feature
    phase?  How?
    Please describe the related mechanism.

    Thanks,
    Nandakumar