    RE: iSCSI: Markers

    I think the objections are to more to changing TCP wire
    protocol (i.e. header) than to the implementation.

    Also with NFS, there are two things.
    1. There is some built-in containment in NAS which does
    provide some protection again "buggy" implementation/administration/
    deliberate access to the wrong data. SANs as a rule require the
    clients to be much better behaved.
    2. The security problems are recognized and being addressed in
    newer revs - also a sign that protocols can evolve. Would it
    be better to have everything in up-front - of course. But in
    this case, the evidence isn't there - and to make a choice
    just to accomodate - "software implementation but no rolling
    of the COWS in the copy or checksum loop, and which does not
    do CRC" and "in a hurry"??

    Somesh

Last updated: Thu Jan 10 15:17:50 2002
8346 messages in chronological order