    RE: iSCSI: Markers

    Folks we can not add TUFs to our iSCSI protocol since it requires TCP/IP
    changes.  Our draft says that we WILL NOT work on Modifications to internet
    transport protocols,  Hence,  bringing TUFs into our draft is not doable.

    I think I made the point about Desktops and laptops on my kick off note,
    they use NFS today and think things are fine.  They will accept this in the
    future. (Right or Wrong).

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    "Somesh Gupta" <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com>@ece.cmu.edu on
    01/09/2002 10:40:17 PM

    Please respond to <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com>