    Re: IscsiSessionStatsEntry MIB OBject contents

    Gwendal,

    Login PDU and Login Response PDU are not counted in iscsiSsnRspPdus or
    iscsiSsnCmdPdus because the session is not instantiated until full feature
    phase (after Login Response).  There are separate counters for Login
    attempts - see the ...LoginStatsEntry definitions.  All other PDUs are
    counted, including Data In and Data Out.  I suppose we could discuss
    whether Logout and Logout Response should be counted, since they have
    separate counters in the MIB as well (see the ...LogoutStatsEntry
    definitions).

    As for the Data Octet counters, the easiest interpretation is that it
    refers to all octets in all PDU Data Segments.  I think the count will be
    most useful if it counts only the bytes of data actually read from or
    written to the SCSI device (e.g., it includes only the Data Segments of
    Data Out and Data In PDUs).  However, I suspect that the sum total of all
    other PDU Data Segments will be so small compared to the Data Out and Data
    In that it would not hurt to lump those in.

    Tom McSweeney
    iSCSI Development, Storage Systems Group, IBM
    Email: rf42tpme@us.ibm.com
    Phone: (USA) 919-254-5634  (tie line: 444-5634)
    Fax:   (USA) 919-254-0391  (tie line: 444-0391)

Last updated: Thu Jan 10 12:18:09 2002
8338 messages in chronological order