    Re: iSCSI: Checking the I bit

    I think we have a (silent) consensus on making it 0 :-)  Julo

                        "Eddy
                        Quicksall"           To:     "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                        <Eddy@Quicksal       cc:
                        l.com>               Subject:     iSCSI: Checking the I bit
                        Sent by:
                        owner-ips@ece.
                        cmu.edu

                        13-12-01 13:26

    Is it necessary for the initiator to check the I bit in every response?

    If an initiator does not need it, then I don't want to take the extra time
    to check it. I think this is consistent with the thinking of all attendees
    of the UNH Plug Fest because the report from UNH IOL was that "all
    companies failed that test".

    I would like to propose adding some wording to 3.2.1.1 similar to "It is
    not necessary to check this bit for 1 if the implementation in the
    initiator does not need its use".

    Eddy_Quicksall@iVivity.com

Last updated: Sat Jan 05 12:17:47 2002
8292 messages in chronological order