    Re: iSCSI: text spanning

    Eddy,

    This very issue was subject of debate and I supported the idea of text keys
    not spanning a record.
    Unfortunately some other requirements made us support a single receive
    dictated PDU length and the minimum
    is uncomfortably low for text keys (512 bytes).  This is what made me
    change sides and  support keys spanning PDUs.

    Julo

                        "Eddy Quicksall"
                        <Eddy_Quicksall@iv       To:     "ips@ece. cmu. edu \(E-mail\)"
                        ivity.com>                <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
                        Sent by:                 cc:
                        owner-ips@ece.cmu.       Subject:     iSCSI: text spanning
                        edu

                        18-12-01 18:54

    Section 3.10.4 says:

     A Key=value pair can span Text request or response boundaries (i.e. a

     key=value pair can start in one PDU and continue on the next).

    This paragraph says that code must be able to process every text
    request/response in such a way as to accommodate really silly possibilities
    (like "ke" in one PDU and "y=value" in the next). This could be a bit of a
    burden for low end controllers.

    I don't think that was the intent of the statement.

    Can we think of better wording to cover the needed case without impacting
    the simple case?

    Eddy

Last updated: Thu Dec 20 12:17:44 2001
8166 messages in chronological order