    From: John Hufferd [mailto:hufferd@us.ibm.com]
    Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 11:13 AM
    To: VAHUJA@aol.com
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: Outboard Tunnel Mode

    Installations can do what ever they want.  The Security functions are
    must implement, NOT must use.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688 Home
    Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702 Internet address:
    hufferd@us.ibm.com

    VAHUJA@aol.com@ece.cmu.edu on 12/17/2001 10:09:10 AM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu