    Few basic doubts

    Hi all,
    I am just a beginner in iSCSI. I have gone through
    draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-09.txt.
    I have few basic doubts. I am very thankful if some one clarrifies those.
    I am listing them.

    1) Data segment length in the BHS is not including the padding
       bytes how to reach the end of PDU.
       is it only padded to the nearest integer multiple of 4?
       Can we assume like pad can be maximum of 3?
       @3.2.1.5

    2) Digests are not included in data or header length fields
       How do we know Digest is present or not?
       @3.2.3
       During Login Negotiation PDU where Digest is negotiated What will be the
    digest?

    3) In ISCSI Command format both W and F setting to 0
       is an error.
       Read command(R=1) but further reads can follow is not valid?
       @ 3.3.1

    4) If the Initiator Sent less than FirstBurstSize( negotiated
       maximum amount of unsolicated Data the target will accept)
       Why it is an error?
       Sending Maximum than allowed can be an error but sending lesser
       than allowed how it can be an error?
       @ 3.3.5

    5) Residual overflow error why it has kept target can read more
       and give only what the initiator is requesting.
       @ 3.4.1

    Pratima

Last updated: Fri Dec 14 12:17:40 2001
8055 messages in chronological order