    RE: clarification please

    Hi Paul,
    I used to agree with you on this, and that is what I had also communicated
    to Luben ( it was I who originally asked Julian to put in the iSCSI spec the
    same initial conditions for the CRC register as in ethernet), but ...
    based on your description, the circuit you appear to have in mind is the
    circuit that performs simultaneous multiplication by x^32 and division by
    G(x). When you go through the same reasoning for the circuit that performs
    only division (and thus requires you to perform the pre-multiplication by
    x^32 externally) your two descriptions appear not to be equivalent; and that
    surprised me! Please refer to my recent memo to the reflector "effect of
    initializing ..." for details.
    Vince