    Session state and Text Sequence

    Hi,

    I have two questions here

    1. The description for Q2 state for Session says "at least one connection"
        "is XPT_UP"

        A connection goes in XPT_UP state means that only the TCP connection
        is established and no login PDU is received.

        In this state, it is not possible for a connection to belong to any session
        as such (It is possible only after receiving the first login PDU which means
        the connection goes into IN_LOGIN state.

        So the description for Q2 state should be "at least one connection is
        IN_LOGIN"

    2. The specification says that it is possible to split a key value pair across
        multiple Text PDUs.

        Consider a case where only one key value pair is to be sent by the initiator.
        How should the target respond to it ? Is the following valid request-response
        sequence in that case

        I  -> T  Text Request with partial key=value pair F=0
        T -> I   Text Response empty F=1
        I  -> T  Text Request with remaining key=value pair F=1
        T -> I   Text Response for the key=value pair F=1.

    Regards,
    Rahul

Last updated: Sat Dec 08 16:17:53 2001
8019 messages in chronological order