    Re: iSCSI: NOPs on discovery session

    Ayman,

    It is true that I agreed that we may want to have it. However some members of the list have expressed immediately a strong opposition to it claiming that it was no strictly needed (true) and that discovery section are meant to be brief.
    I felt thus that we don't have a consensus on that and we may want to try again.
    I assume that the main concern was that this will enable discovery sessions to be become long lived and be used as a back door monitoring channel.

    "Ayman Ghanem" <aghanem@cisco.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    12-04-01 05:30 AM