    RE: iSCSI: Clarification (again) for Task Management Commands

    ----- Forwarded by Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM on 10-11-01 17:28 -----

    Julian Satran
    10-11-01 17:26

            To:     <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com>
            cc:
            From:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI: Clarification (again) for Task Management Commands

    Read 9.4 for one implementation - Julo

    "Somesh Gupta" <somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    10-11-01 05:26
    Please respond to somesh_gupta

            To:     <Black_David@emc.com>, <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
            cc:

    David,

    In iSCSI the multiple connection/session construct
    adds significant complexity in determining whether
    a response for a command (on a different connection
    than the one on which the task management command
    was sent) impacted by the task management command will
    be received or not - and when?

    On a single connection, or similar links, when the
    response for the task management command is
    received (or after a fixed additional time), no
    by the task management command.

    However, with multiple connections there is no
    such "flushing" event on connections other than the
    one on which the task management command was sent.

    I would hope that the protocol would address this
    situation - the current response seems to be be to
    put the task tag and some associated resources in
    a zombie state for an unspecified amount of time.

    Somesh

Last updated: Mon Nov 12 21:17:37 2001
7769 messages in chronological order