    RE: iSCSI: Clarification (again) for Task Management Commands

    David,

    I think that readers will want to consider 9.4 as an  implementation
    alternative.

    Julo

    Black_David@emc.com
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    10-11-01 04:53
    Please respond to Black_David

            To:     somesh_gupta@silverbacksystems.com, ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        RE: iSCSI: Clarification (again) for Task Management Commands

    Somesh,

    The language in question reflects fairly direct requirements
    language to be found in SAM-2's description of SCSI Task Management.
    FCP goes to serious lengths with FC sequence aborts to make sure
    this behaves as required.

    For iSCSI, if responses to the aborted commands show up unexpectedly,
    they have to be discarded.  How the Initiator keeps track of that
    is the Initiator's problem - keeping track of the CmdSN of the
    Abort Task Set may be useful.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500

Last updated: Sat Nov 10 11:17:45 2001
7740 messages in chronological order