    RE: iSCSI: IPsec tunnel / transport mode decision

    With my WG chair hat firmly on, I have to say that Paul Koning
    is mistaken in asserting the absence of WG rough consensus
    for use of IPsec with iSCSI.  The rough consensus in question
    is at least 6 months old having been established across 2
    interim meetings plus the meeting in London, all of whose
    minutes have been reported to the mailing list and all of
    which have been accepted without significant objection on
    the list.  Paul's objection to this consensus is noted, but
    the consensus stands.

    The two "MUST"s that Ofer proposed are not only appropriate,
    but required - the IESG can be expected to return a document
    that does not contain them to the WG in short order.

    More on security is coming shortly, but this seemed important
    enough to put in a message by itself.

Last updated: Sat Nov 10 04:17:50 2001
7735 messages in chronological order