    RE: iSCSI over TLS

    Julian,
       It is correct that TLS records span TCP packets, but how does that become anymore of a problem. For packets to be resend via the TCP mechanisms, the sender TLS layers prepares the TLS record and then hands it over to TCP, TCP may break that TLS layer into e.g. say 5 packets and sends them to the receiver. If the receiver does not retrieve packet number 3, it will be resend by the sender.
      I did not see the problem that TLS brings into the picture. Also, what tweaking of the stack are you referring to in this scenario. This is just general handlinf of packets that are  done anyway. iSCSI will only make sense of the packet after TLS decrypts the packets. Did I miss something here ???

    SG

Last updated: Fri Nov 09 11:17:36 2001
7691 messages in chronological order