    RE: iscsi : DataPDULength can differ in each direction.

    Rod,

    Actually you bring up a valid point.  The length different in the two directions is perhaps the less important feature in the floated proposal.  However it stressed (once again) that we need a more flexible PDUlength scheme:
    • that should allow dynamic changes (some of the framing schemes proposed will require that)
    • that can be different on different connections

      Having it different on the two directions is a slight side effect that can be beneficial and comes at zero price once you have done the former.

      And the I think that it can be done with minimal disruption (very little code and this only if you implement ErrorLevel 1 and 2).

      Julo

      "Rod Harrison" <rod.harrison@windriver.com>
      Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

      07-10-01 22:22