    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of
    Robert Snively
    Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 4:45 PM
    To: 'Dave Sheehy'; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI : iSCSI parameter default values

    Dave,

    Of course there can, but during normal operation, all of
    them are either data or commands, since SCSI has no other
    outbound transactions from an initiator.  In either case,
    they are useful functions that overlap and make proper use
    of the link during any latency periods.

    If a target is capable of handling data immediately following
    a command (by allowing any form of unsolicited data, immediate
    or not), then a wise initiator will help the target along by
    providing that data in a timely fashion.  That could be as
    soon as a few nanoseconds after the command, whether or not
    the data was in a separate PDU.

    Bob

    of
    > intervening non-data PDUs between the command and data.
    >
    > Dave

Last updated: Tue Oct 02 15:17:21 2001
6969 messages in chronological order