    RE: iscsi : iscsi parameter default values

    Would all cases look like these? (If I made a mistake, please correct it).

    Note that I am attempting to use the rule specified as:

     The negotiation MAY
     proceed only up to the point where both parties can unequivocally
     compute the result; continuing beyond this point is OPTIONAL.

    And my interpretation of the rule is that when a responder gets a binary
    value, it can compare that against the default and can therefore compute the
    result and therefore does not need to respond if the result is what he
    wants.

    Am I correct in my interpretation?

    Eddy

    Default ImmediateData="yes"
    ===========================
    Initiator wants immediate data & target supports it.

    I -> T : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    yes * yes = yes

    Initiator does not want immediate data & target supports it.

    I -> T : ImmediateData="no".
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    no * yes = no

    Initiator wants immediate data & target does not support it.

    I -> T : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : ImmediateData="no".
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    yes * no = no

    Initiator does not want immediate data & does not target support it.

    I -> T : ImmediateData="no".
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    no * yes = no

    Default ImmediateData="no"
    ==========================
    Initiator wants immediate data & target supports it.

    I -> T : ImmediateData="yes"
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1 (tgt has no more keys to send.)

    yes * no = no

    Initiator does not want immediate data & target supports it.

    I -> T : (no key sent).
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1

    T -> I : (no key sent)
             (CSG=Operational, NSG=FFP). T=1 (tgt has no more keys to send.)

    no * no = no