    From: John Hufferd [mailto:hufferd@us.ibm.com]
    Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 6:33 PM
    To: Dev - Platys
    Cc: Eddy Quicksall; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iscsi : iscsi parameter default values

    You will need the same type of Immediate Data handling code to handle the
    Login.  The Login Parameters are in the extended Data Section of the PDU.
    So you have to have that code anyway.

    Given that you have to have the code anyway, in both cases
    ImmediateData=Yes and No -- Yes is the simplest, the best performing, and
    the lowest overhead, so Yes should be the default.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    "Dev - Platys" <deva@platys.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 10/01/2001 02:39:57 PM

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu