    From: John Hufferd [mailto:hufferd@us.ibm.com]
    Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 3:48 PM
    To: Eddy Quicksall
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: RE: iSCSI: Immediate Data

    Eddy,
    On a Disk Drive you are going to have probably less then 5 connections.
    You can not buy memory small enough to be a problem in that environment.
    Same is true with controllers with 50 connection capability.  And by the
    way, in small environments, if you have to do a move, you will NOT notice
    the extra overhead.

    So ImmediateData=Yes is conservative for everyone.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    "Eddy Quicksall" <EQuicksall@mediaone.net> on 10/01/2001 05:58:59 AM