    Re: iSCSI - positive data ack - change proposal

    All,

    I hear at least 3 voices (Rod Harrison, Somesh Gupta, myself) who are still
    against the proposal to provide data acks and Matthew Burbridge seems willing
    to forgo his request below. Why are we re-opening this issue and questioning
    the Orlando WG consensus on this issue ? What is the process to re-visit a
    prior WG consensus that has been reached on any issue ?

    I feel that we should focus on simplifying the draft at this late stage and not
    continue to add new features. Any such new features, if required, could be
    addressed in a subsequent rev of the draft. Continuing to add new features at
    this late stage will only slow us down further.

    Thanks,
    Santosh

    "BURBRIDGE,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)" wrote:

    > Julian, Rod, et al.
    >
    > I agree since there is alot of objection for positive ACKs and I hear very
    > few voices for, then it does seem better to leave it out especially as I do
    > not have a refererence model to try it out.  If it does start proving to be
    > a problem then we can re-visit it then.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Matthew

    begin:vcard
    n:Rao;Santosh
    tel;work:408-447-3751
    x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    org:Hewlett Packard, Cupertino.;SISL
    adr:;;19420, Homestead Road, M\S 43LN,	;Cupertino.;CA.;95014.;USA.
    version:2.1
    email;internet:santoshr@cup.hp.com
    title:Software Design Engineer
    x-mozilla-cpt:;21088