    RE: iscsi rev 7.93 : Login response Status codes.

    > A couple of comments on the login status codes (rev 7.93
    > Section 2.13.5
    > page 90 )  :
    >
    > 1)  Session type  | 0209 | Target does not support this type of
    >    Not supported |          | of session (not from this Initiator)
    >
    > +++ Sessions are mandatory to support but can be rejected
    > from a specific
    > initiator +++

    Julian,
    I'm not sure what you mean by this.  There is nothing I can find in the
    document that states that both session types are mandatory to implement.  It
    should be possible to construct "targets" that support only a discovery
    session, for the purpose of "re-directs" or to construct a central "target
    information server".

    I would agree that "discovery" session type is mandatory to implement, but
    not "normal operational session".  Furthermore, this response code should
    only be returned if the initiator has requested a "normal operational
    session" with a target that only supports the "discovery" session type.  It
    makes no sense for a device to allow an initiator to authenticate, only to
    reject a "discovery" session type.  If a target doesn't at least support a
    "discovery" session type, it's not an iSCSI target...

    Marj

Last updated: Fri Sep 21 10:17:32 2001
6652 messages in chronological order