    RE: iSCSI: U=<user> in Authentication

    David,
    I said that the code is not hard, however, the GUI will have to span the
    users normal Password handling system (since I am sure that a good GUI
    would want to check it out), and it needs to know where the iSCSI Initiator
    Node Names are stored etc.  Again not hard, just a little bit more then
    most folks thought about.  Again, I do not think the GUI part is important,
    every vendor will do it better then every other vendor.

    What I don't understand is why not have the target copy the string from the
    TargetName=<value> string to the U=<user> string.  That has got to be the
    simplest thing to do.  Why have both strings transferred and then have to
    explain to every one why the Target cant just do the simple string copy you
    mentioned.  Not doing that seem kind of dull.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Black_David@emc.com on 09/20/2001 04:48:33 PM