    Re: iSCSI: Public Key Method

    Josh,

    Public keys are great and all you said is correct. It would be wrong
    however to omit that
    the biggest issue with public keys is certificate revocation and the cost
    to check for revocation.

    If one goes for an all public infrastructure with general purpose CAs the
    cost of checking for revocation can be daunting and if you go for private
    domains many of the advantages you mentioned are lost.

    That was the reason behind our original recommendation for SRP as the
    "base" authentication method and  not
    SPK.

    Julo

    Joshua Tseng <jtseng@NishanSystems.com>@ece.cmu.edu on 01-09-2001 05:21:11