    Re: iSCSI: Case-sensitivity in iSCSI names

    Julian Satran wrote:

    > Sensible decision. Case insensitive makes it hard for I18N on most
    > languages (or simpler in the one
    > like mine that has no case :-)) . And why is the recomendation 2 necessary?
    > (just to kill iSCSI ? :-))

    Sorry about that, I know you like "iSCSI" better than "iscsi".
    I wasn't really thinking about the default target (which we may
    have removed the need for).

    The second recommendation was only what I felt would be a
    best practise for those who are generating iSCSI names.  If
    (even case-sensitive) names are generated such that, if they
    were all converted to the same case, some of them would match,
    this would only cause confusion.  I was simply pointing out
    that such schemes ought to be avoided.

    BTW, the lower-case thing was only a SHOULD, so you can still
    use "iSCSI".  :-)

    Anyway, I think that this will work fairly well.

    Mark

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems