    Re: DRAFT Nashua interim meeting minutes

    David,

    I just have two comments on this note.

    >Within-connection recovery reissues command on same connection to fill
    >	CmdSN holes.  Has to be on same connection due to connection
    >	allegiance.

    If there is a CmdSN hole, the command should be unacknowledged causing
    the initiator to re-use the same CmdSN on retry.  I don't see connection
    allegiance here since the CmdSN was never ack'ed.  IMHO, technically
    it should be able to be re-issued on any connection in the session
    (though don't know why an initiator would do that).

    >These errors require framing support over TCP -
    >	in the absence of framing, the connection has to
    >	be terminated.

    This is generally true, since most likely it would be a header
    digest error.  If the CmdSN hole was due to a data digest error on
    immediate data, original framing is still intact.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture