    RE: DRAFT Nashua interim meeting minutes

    > Strong consensus that header formats and opcodes should not be changed in
    > further revisions of the draft except when there is rough concensus from
    the
    > group for such changes.  There are changes expected in rev. 07 to correct
    > some things pointed out on the list.

    Added the following under iSCSI Requirements Last Call Issues:

    	The general sense of the room was that data formats and the like
    ought
    	not to be changed - at this point in the process, stability matters,
    	and further changes of this sort need to be discussed on the list
    prior
    	to being made.

    While I don't believe consensus was called on this, I do remember it as the
    "general
    sense of the room".

    > There was discussion in the security portion of the agenda to the effect
    > that "if we mandate IPSec with it's data integrity check capabilities, is
    > there further need to specify error recovery"?

    That topic was picked up again in the error recovery session.  In essence,
    if ESP is in
    use, CRC failures at the iSCSI level will essentially never happen, allowing
    at least
    within-session and within-connection (and presumably) within-command
    recovery
    to be dropped, but the HMAC in ESP is computationally expensive leading to
    the
    interest in a CRC shim.  I've added explanation of this to the point in the
    error
    recovery session where the CRC shim was discussed.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500