    RE: iSCSI : New PDU opcode usage in rev 5.92

    > On another point, I don't think you should be changing things as
    fundamental
    > as this without direction from the group.  This "standard" is supposed to
    be
    > stabilizing, not constantly changing.

    With my WG co-chair hat on, Matt has a valid point.  Given the stage we're
    at
    with the base iSCSI specification, any substantive change like this really
    needs
    to be reviewed on the mailing list before being made, lest we repeat the
    drawn-
    out experience with the header changes (which were initially made shortly
    after the January meeting in Orlando).  At this juncture the right thing to
    do is tee this up for discussion in Nashua with a request to Julian to be
    more
    careful about these sort of changes in the future - even if the technical
    reasons
    for doing this were 100% correct, not discussing this sort of thing on the
    list beforehand risks having to do it over at great length (timewise) and
    consternation.

    Matt - in case this slips into a crack, please make sure it's brought up
    at the Tuesday AM agenda bashing if it doesn't appear on the agenda.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500