    RE: iSCSI : login keys & mode page settings

    Without getting into the technical details of the
    discussion, I have a couple of observations:

    (A) The issue of whether to allow mode page
    	access to and modification of iSCSI parameters
    	will need to be taken up at the interim
    	meeting.  IMHO, access seems like a good
    	idea, so that SCSI-generic code that doesn't
    	know specifically about iSCSI can find
    	what it expects where it expects it, but
    	I'm unsure about modification because it
    	may carry a risk of code that's iSCSI-unaware
    	getting something wrong.  The mode page
    	commands should be transparent to iSCSI.

    (B) The mode page and text key mechanisms have
    	to access the same data.  Section 3 of the
    	-06 version says this, but needs some editing
    	to enforce it by using "MUST" or its equivalent
    	(cf. RFC 2119).  This is to prevent an
    	implementation from having two instances of
    	the same parameter - one for the mode page and
    	one for the text keys - which would be a bad
    	thing.

    +1 (508) 435-1000 x75140     FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500