    From: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu [mailto:owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu]On Behalf Of Mark
    Bakke
    Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 6:51 PM
    To: Tanjore K. Suresh
    Cc: kaladhar@us.ibm.com; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Naming and Discovery Draft...

    Tanjore-

    Thanks for the feedback.  I can comment on #3:

    "Tanjore K. Suresh" wrote:
    >         3. Appendix B, B.4.5,
    >           Target Conflict 45 doesnot seem to be appropriate.
    >
    >                 I have not reviewed all the documents yet to give a
    >                 recommendation and hence cannot give, but feel
    >                 " Target Conflict" doesnot
    >                 convey the meaning of the Scenario indicating
    >                 case of " simple devices that can handle one device or
    >                 the target had reached the limit of its Initiators'
    capacity."

    Perhaps we chose the wrong term for this one.  How about if call it
    "Target Busy", and slightly re-word it?

       The target is busy with another initiator and cannot handle
       another one. The initiator MAY try again later. This can be the case
       for simple devices that can handle only one initiator at a time, or
       for a target that has does not have the resources to support one more
       initiator.  In contrast to the  previous examples, this rejection is
       temporary.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems