    RE: I-D ACTION:draft-cavanna-iscsi-crc-vs-cksum-00.txt

    Pat,

    I did not run a check. That is very expensive.
    With CRCs there are methods that enable you to run a check on the
    complement code
    (that has only 2**32 different patterns for any block length) and derive
    from there the distances (Fujiwara has done this in 1989 for the IEEE
    CRC-32 and about some more recent experiments I'll get back to the list).

    And that is the trouble with this whole line of argument.
    There are no numbers to prove Adler32 or Fletcher32 and there are plenty
    for CRCs.

    The big question is then is there anybody out there that wants to build a
    modern bridge based only on its beauty?

    pat_thaler@agilent.com on 05/03/2001 23:27:49

    Please respond to pat_thaler@agilent.com