    Re: iSCSI : Digest Error Problems & CmdSN/ExpCmdSN window issues

    Santosh Rao wrote:

    > Matt,
    >
    > The description of CmdSN window mangement in Section 1.2.2.1 reads :
    >
    >  "- The target MUST silently ignore any command
    >      outside this range or duplicates within the range not flagged with
    >      the retry bit (the X bit in the opcode)."
    >
    > Does this imply :
    > - ignore all commands outside the (ExpCmdSN, MaxCmdSN) range.
    > - ignore all duplicate commands within the range that are not flagged with the
    >    retry
    > ?
    >
    > If so, a command with the "retry" bit set and received outside the
    > (ExpCmdSN, MaxCmdSN) window causes the target to drop the
    > received retry. Is this a valid interpretation of the draft ?

    I think so, normally an initiator before issuing a "retry" does a Logout.
    In the Logout response it receives an ExpCmdSN.
    Form this value the initiator decides to retry the command
    not numbered if the original CmdSN is less than ExpCmdSN.
    It avoids the "retry" to be rejected.

    Regards,

    Pierre