    Re: NOP-Out clarification

    As far as I know there will be an "action items list" that David Black is
    supposed to send out
    and, as usual, the notes (a summary of who said what).

    Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com> on 19/01/2001 01:04:05

    Please respond to Santosh Rao <santoshr@cup.hp.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:
    Subject:  Re: NOP-Out clarification

    Julian,

    I don't know if this is a question for yourself or David. (but I will ask
    anyway.). Is somebody going to be sending out a write-up on the discussions
    conducted and decisions reached at the ips WG meet at Orlando, for the
    benefit of folks like myself who could'nt make it.

    Regards,
    Santosh

    julian_satran@il.ibm.com wrote:

    > JP,
    >
    > The consesus at the intermediate meeting in Orlando was to drop Data
    > Numbering.
    > If you have strong object here is your last chance to object.
    >
    > Also Data Numbering was meant only for incoming data and it is per
    command
    > ("less than a task" if you take in account linked commands).
    >
    > Regards,
    > Julo
    >
    > Please respond to Raghavendra Rao <jp.raghavendra@sun.com>
    >
    > To:   ips@ece.cmu.edu
    > cc:
    > Subject:  NOP-Out clarification
    >
    > My reading of NOP-out as used for data-in acknowledgements is that
    > it is for the entire task - Not per R2T since I don't see offset/length
    > in the NOP-out header. Is my assumption correct ? It would be nice
    > if the draft can be more explicit.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -JP

     - santoshr.vcf