    RE: iFCP: FC-BB exists, why invent something new?

    Charles,

    Assurances are made with the fabric timeout but you do not offer a
    time-stamp to keep this promise.  TCP will try well beyond a FC fabric
    timeout.  A cable swap as example could exceed nominal delays.

    Would you see it possible to make a separate proposal to cover just
    encapsulation and another proposal to include iFCP specific link services?
    For those wishing just a tunnel, the encapsulation proposal, with a small
    (perhaps optional) iFCP specific field, could serve both purposes.

    Doug