    RE: iFCP fabric attachments

    Hi Venkat:

    Please forgive the piecemeal response.

    <other material deleted>

    The crux of the issue is that the iFCP gateway model supplants Fibre Channel
    addressing, device naming and routing protocols with their IP equivalents.
    The point of iFCP is to provide tranparency at the storage device ULP layer
    while providing the gateway implementor with the freedom to build products
    that mask or replace ANY type of FC infrastructure behind the gateway.

    Charles