    iSCSI: Login questions

    Julian,

    The current iSCSI draft allows for sending the Text commands
    associated with Login to be sent in a separate Text Command
    PDU on the same Initiator Task Tag.

    1.There doesn't appear to be a way for a target to know that
      there's a Text command PDU coming in as part of the login
      process.  It is currently spec'ed in a way a target might
      send a Login Response before it sees the Text Command PDU.

      I suggest creating a "T-bit" in the Login PDU for this, on
      seeing which the target waits for the Text Command and sends
      a Login Response PDU only after dealing with it.

    2.Once we do the above, it appears to me that we can do away with
      concurrent use of the same Initiator Task Tag for Login and Text
      command PDUs.  This results in cleaner iSCSI implementations.

    3.Please clarify if a target can send a Text Response PDU for
      the text commands contained in a Login PDU.  I assume it is not
      the case - target has to send Response PDUs only for the commands
      that it received (Login/Text).

      This is the sentence in Section 2.8.2 which makes me ask this
      question:
      "The Initiator Task Tag matches the tag used in the initial Text
      Command or the Login Initiator Task Tag."

      Suggest dropping the phrase "or....", if my interpretation is true.

    4.Editorial: suggest using "identifier" instead of "tag" in Section
      2.10.4, sentence 1 - "The TSID is an initiator identifying tag set
      by the target".

    Thanks.
    --
    Mallikarjun