    RE: Keep-alive traffic (was iSCSI: more on StatRN)

    David,

    I agree a SCSI ping should not be processed out of sequence.  Your
    description of LU flow control is a bit difficult to follow.  At this point
    in time, flow control is target based and not LU based.  I would advocate
    making SCSI flow control medium based rather than LU or target based.
    Rather than attempting to virtualized many targets on different network
    medium appear as a single target together with inordinate overhead, flow
    control at the point of access to hidden network medium using class 3
    controls and keep the targets independent.  Rather than requiring a
    connection per target (drive) these drives can share a connection at the
    point of access (SCSI portal).  Rather than dividing a WAN into micro
    channels, fewer connections allows significantly lower latency with bursty
    SCSI traffic.

    Doug