    RE: Keep-alive traffic (was iSCSI: more on StatRN)

    Hi:

    The scenario I had in mind was the minimalist one where a device, say in a
    storage utlity environment, wants to do garbage collection on iSCSI
    sessions.  In that case, the device might send some sort of iSCSI "ping"
    before it decides to preemptively close a dormant iSCSI session.  The sort
    of "ping" I had in mind would be subject to the same security checks that
    apply to any other iSCSI transaction.

    Is this rocket science? If so, I don't believe it's worth a whole lot of
    further discussion.

    Charles