    Re: iSCSI: error recovery

    Matt,

    I think I read your note and I still maintain that the target will fare
    better and the initiator does not have to do anything different.

    When failing over the initiator will reissue the command (including all
    scatter gather lists) to the new HBA. It is the target that will send only
    the buffers he has and as long as the initiator is not scoreboarding it
    does not have to do anything different the second time than first.

    It is the target that will benefit and it is the target's decision to
    number or not.

    Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com> on 26/10/2000 23:20:57

    Please respond to Matt Wakeley <matt_wakeley@agilent.com>